Sr. Data Engineer Azure
Position Title: Sr. Data Engineer Azure
Group: Corporate Information Technology
1. Provide spirited positive leadership in the implementation of systems projects. Challenge
obsolete practices, question accepted truths, and eliminate non-value-added processes. Develop
practical systems scope that enhances the business function. Control the project scope,
resources, and quality within budget and schedule to meet objectives.
2. Provide analysis, counsel, and direction to management and personnel of operating units to
analyze problems and develop solutions, as well as assure efficient operation of existing systems.
Maintain an understanding of business processes and the implications of computer systems on
3. Prepare and conduct project review meetings and management presentations including general
design review, project scheduling, test plan, system and program tactics and methods, system
controls, procedures, systems documentation, and system implementation plan.
4. Prepare and publish systems project status reports. Comply with systems development
methodology, standards, procedures, guidelines, priorities, and schedules.
5. Develop high-level system specifications. Assist in developing system documentation. Advise on
user procedures. Assist in the preparation of general test plan. Coordinate system tests.
6. Participate in educational programs and professional societies involving supervisory skills,
computing technology and systems methodologies. Seek ways to expand business knowledge.
7. Conduct educational programs involving company personnel relating to computing technology
and specific projects.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Internal Communication: For internal & partner use only.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s degree from any IT related field
5+ years IT experience including 2 years as a technical lead in a Big Data or Data Warehousing
Experience with Azure Stack - Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks (Must Have)
Experience in SQL, Database design, designing cubes and models in Azure Analysis Services
Experience in Data Modelling - building physical data models, creating stored procedures in
Synapse or MS SQL (Must Have)
Experience using Python or Scala or Py-Spark (Must Have)
Experience in data extraction from SAP ECC/HANA and Salesforce Systems (Preferred)
Leading a team of Data Engineers (Preferred)